Made with homemade Paleo tortillas, these chicken tortilla wraps are filled with succulent chicken, juicy tomatoes, fresh kale, tasty avocado and onions… all combined to make one ubér delicious AND low-fat meal!
Especially when experiencing hot weather such as this, tortilla chicken salad wraps are a tasty and refreshing meal to have at any time of the day.
You can add fresh vegetables or any other fillings of your choice but keeping it fresh and simple will enable you to really appreciate the great taste of the homemade Paleo tortillas.
(Click here to get our ‘Best Roast Chicken Recipe… Ever’ to season your chicken to perfection in preparation for this recipe.)
- 1 chicken breast, roasted
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 vine ripened tomato, chopped
- ½ red onion, sliced
- Handful fresh curly kale
- Whisk the eggs together with the water and coconut oil. Then combine the flour, arrowroot powder and salt and mix until the mixture takes on the consistency of pancake batter.
- Heat a small pan, add some oil, then add a little of the tortilla batter, rolling it around to fully coat the pan.
- Just as with pancakes, the sides of the batter should start to come away from the pan after a minute or so. Turn/flip the batter over and cook for another minute or two before removing from the pan.
- Continue until all the batter is cooked and set the wraps aside.
- Slice the chicken and place in the middle edge of each wrap along with the other fillings.
- Try not to overload the tortilla with the fillings when wrapping and fold the bottom of each one after the first roll in order to keep secure when wrapping.
- (Click here to get our 'Best Roast Chicken Recipe... Ever!' to season your chicken to perfection in advance for this recipe.)