These bright and colorful pumpkin donuts are not only gluten-free but also 100% Paleo and delicious!
The naturally colored glazed toppings are made even more creamy thanks to the secret ingredient: Silk® Sweet & Creamy Almond Creamer!
Today’s post – sponsored by *Silk® – brings you these utterly scrumptious and mega-clean pumpkin donuts.
What I love about these is not only the moist, sweet taste of the donuts but the deliciously creamy glazed toppings, all of which look so colorful and bright, it’s hard to believe that they are made from all-natural ingredients and colorings – such as beetroot and matcha.
By adding Silk® Almond Creamer to the mix, you’re left with a creamier, sweeter glaze.
With #SilkCreamer, you really are rest assured that the ingredients are gluten and dairy free, as well as Paleo and vegan-friendly.
After a longer than expected break, this post really was a welcome return.
Scroll down to get the delightful recipe and whip up a batch of these healthy and tasty donuts in under thirty minutes!
Made with fresh pumpkin purée (click here to learn how to make your own healthy batch), this nutrient-dense treat is perfect for any time of the day.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c and grease up the donut moulds with a little melted coconut oil.
- In one bowl combine and mix the dry ingredients together.
- In a seperate bowl, combine and mix the wet ingredients together.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and mix well untill you get a smooth batter.
- Spoon in or pipe the mix into the moulds and bake for approximately twenty five minutes, or until baked through.
- Remove ffom the oven and allow to cool before topping with the glaze.
- Apart from the chocolate and pistachio nuts, mix all of the glaze ingredients together until smooth.
- Dip the donuts in the glaze, before placing on a rack.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl placed over a pan of boiling water (make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water) and allow the chocolate to melt.
- Once melted, as with the glaze, coat one the donuts with the melted chocolate and place on the rack.
- Sprinkle the pistachio nuts on the donuts before serving.
- To color, add a little of the beetroot juice/matcha powder/cashew butter until you get the desired color and spread/dip over the cooled donuts.
- I've found that these silicone moulds make the best donuts. Click here to purchase.
- You can water the glaze down slightly, if too thick, with a little water or milk.
* This is a sponsored conversation written by me – Justina Elumeze – on behalf of Silk®. However, the opinions are solely my own and do not represent those of WhiteWave, or any of their brands.