Quick and easy to make, this low-fat Paleo stir fry cauliflower rice with grilled chicken makes for a perfectly healthy lunch or dinner.
To say that I’ve been majorly busy of late is an understatement, so much so that there’s been very little time to cook a lengthy meal.
Therefore, this Chinese style cauliflower stir fry with perfectly seasoned chicken is ideal. It’s ready in fifteen minutes, tastes delicious and frees up my time to concentrate on my projects.
Cauliflower rice is a great Paleo alternative due to its rice like consistency, as well the cauliflower’s ability to absorb flavours and seasonings.
Creating a stir fry with cauliflower rice is also a bonus as it literally takes just minutes. There’s no pre-boiling as you normally would with rice before frying.
Instead you just throw everything into a pan, fry for literally a few minutes and Bob’s your uncle, it’s done!
So next time your short of time but still want something tasty to eat, give this delicious recipe of stir fry cauliflower rice, grilled chicken skewers and juicy shiitake mushrooms a go.
You won’t be disappointed!
- 1 whole cauliflower, cut up, stems removed and flower bits grated/blended,
- 2 chicken skinless breasts, cubed,
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped,
- Knob of fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced,
- 1/2 cup fresh sweetcorn,
- 1/2 cup peas,
- 1 stock cube
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch mixed herbs
- 3 tsp. Chinese 5 Spice
- 2 tsp. All Purpose seasoning
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- Pinch salt
- Knob butter
- Handful chopped spring onions, to garnish
- For the chicken
- Season the chicken by getting half the onions, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 tsp. of Chinese 5 spice and the All-Purpose seasoning and massaging all into the chicken thoroughly for a minute or so before setting aside for a couple of minutes.
- Turn on the grill and skewer the chicken pieces, ensuring that there is sufficient space at either end of the skewers.
- Place under the grill for approximately fifteen minutes or until cooked through, turning the skewers midway for even grilling.
- Once cooked, remove and set aside.
- For the mushrooms
- Rinse the mushrooms and place in a pot with 1 clove of garlic, salt, pepper, a knob of butter. Cover with a lid and allow to cook on a low heat until the mushrooms produce their delicious juices. Allow to continue cooking until the juices from the mushrooms start to reduce and thicken. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- For the rice
- In a frying pan/wok place the oil and heat before taking the remaining onions, ginger and garlic and frying for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the corn and peas, stock cube, mixed herbs and 1 tsp of Chinese 5 Spice and fry for several minutes until everything is cooked through.
- Add the cauliflower and fry quickly, ensuring that the cauliflower doesn't get mushy.
- Add some salt and pepper, if needed and remove.
- Plate everything up, garnish the mushrooms with the spring onions, serve and enjoy!