This healthy paleo and gluten-free salad consists of fresh tenderstem broccoli, pomodorino tomatoes and spicy chorizo, all oven-roasted for a more intense flavour.
It can be enjoyed either warm or cold… either way, you’ll definitely enjoy it!
To say I’ve been rather busy of late is an understatement so, with very little time to cook anything major, the other day I rustled up this quick and easy salad and was pleasantly surprised by how good it tasted.
I literally just threw together whatever I could lay my hands on in the fridge and thankfully, it worked!
The fresh tenderstem broccoli, pomodorino tomatoes and chorizo sausage all unleashed their full flavours when oven-roasted.
All in all, this salad turned out to be a winner.
I’ve always preferred my vegetables roasted rather than steamed or boiled, so it was a no brainer to roast the broccoli, as I love the way that they take on a much richer flavour after being in the oven.
Then, added to that were the pomodorino tomatoes which literally came out all juicy and sun-kissed. The chorizo sausage accompanied the tomatoes perfectly, whilst the cooling pomegranate and roquefort cheese made the whole dish literally harmonize.
Seriously, there’s no other word to describe this dish. Everything just harmonized.
Ready in under thirty minutes, it’s the perfect dish (warm or cold) to sit back and enjoy.
Try it for yourself and let me know what you think.
- 200g Tenderstem Broccoli
- Sprinkle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100g Chorizo Ring - cubed
- 100g Pomodorino Tomatoes - halved
- 3 Cloves Garlic - leave the skin on them
- 50g Roquefort Cheese
- 50g Pomegranate Seeds
- 50g Pine Nuts
- Handful Fresh Basil Leaves
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper/foil.
- Rinse the tenderstem brocolli and place in the tray, along with the chorizo, garlic and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the olive oil, salt and pepper evenly over the ingredients and slightly toss the tray to ensure everything is covered before placing the tray in the oven.
- Roast for approximately twenty five minutes or until almost cooked, before adding the pine nuts a few minutes before removing the tray from the oven.
- Place everything on a plate and before serving, crumble on the cheese and add the fresh basil and pomegranate seeds.
- If eating cold, then add the cheese, basil and pomeganate seeds just before serving.
- You can serve this dish alone or as an accompaniment with cauliflower rice.