So here’s the thing: I love pork. Absolutely love ‘it! Specifically, I love pork chops with big, juicy rinds of fat all over. ?
Yeah, I know. I can already hear some ubér fitness fanatics shouting, “but you’re not supposed to have the fatty bits…” and to that I say, “?”.
Without going into too much details as this is not a medical website (but a healthy food loving, fashionista’s site), the fat on pork is good fat, in that it is mainly monounsaturated fat (the good kind found in olive oil). so once again, ?.
Aside from this, pork is high in protein, tastes delicious and well, just look at this plate of culinary greatness:
Pork chops. You can’t beat them.
They were melt in the mouth soft and with every slice, the knife cut through the chops like butter…
I served the chops with some quinoa and vegetables (a take on a previous recipe that you can find here.) In this recipe I served the quinoa hot for a more rounded meal and felt it would be a good touch to griddle up a couple of peaches to add on top.
It was a good idea as the peaches really went well with the pork chops (who knew!). The whole meal was an absolute delight and one I’ll definitely be making again and again.
- 4 Organic Pork Chops
- 4-5 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Pinch of Mixed Herbs
- Pinch of Chilli Flakes
- 2 Fresh Peaches
- Handful of Chives
- Grate the onion and garlic and add to the pork chops, along with the salt, pepper and mixed herbs.
- Heat a griddle pan and add the oil.
- Place the chops on the pan and fry on a high heat for several minutes, turning over, before lowering the heat to a medium heat.
- Continue frying the pork chops for approximately 10-15 minutes (or until cooked), turning over a couple more times and remove from the pan.
- Half the peaches, remove the stones and fry in the pan - on a high heat - for a few minutes.
- Serve with warm quinoa and vegetables and garnish with the peaches and chives.
- For a delicious quinoa recipe (omitting the avocado and feta) to serve with the chops, you can go to http://justinaelumeze.com/2016/11/quinoa-feta-avocado-salad.html