Smoothie bowls are great.
Made in minutes and so versatile, they can include any number of vitamin packed ingredients and toppings, making them the ideal healthy breakfast for those on the go.
This berry and granola smoothie is effective in packing a nutrient filled punch.
The blueberries are known to be one of the most nutrient dense fruit being very high in vitamins, fibre and antioxidants, whilst the granola is high in omega-3 fatty acids.
My granola is home made so I’ll be doing a post very soon showing how to make it as home made granola really is the best and so easy to make.
- 5 very ripe, frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Handfull of strawberries, chopped
- Handful of blueberries
- Handful of coconut flakes
- Small handful of chia seeds
- Handful of Granola
- Few drops of vanilla extract & honey, if desired
- Place the milk, chia seeds, vanilla essence, honey and bananas in a blender and blend till smooth.
- Place in a bowl and sprinkle the remaining ingredients on top.
- Thats's it!
- Try replacing the frozen bananas with frozen mangos for a different take, as well as adding any toppings of your choice, from peanut butter to passion fruit. The possibilities are endless!