If like me you like avocado, then you will most definitely love this soup.
A delicious, healthy and light – yet filling – recipe made with succulent chicken, peppers, lime and soft, creamy avocado.
The perfect all round soup!
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 3 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp of All Purpose Seasoning
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Red Onion, grated
- 2 Garlic Cloves, grated
- 2 Cups of Red Onions, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 Tomato, deseeded and diced
- 3 Cubes of Chicken Stock
- 5 Cups of Water
- 1/2 tsp of Cumin Seeds, crushed
- 2 Ripe Hass Avocados, diced
- 3 tbsp of Lime Juice
- Small Handful Fresh Coriander, chopped
- Small Handful Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2 Jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Season the chicken with the onion, grated garlic, all-purpose seasoning and pepper and set aside in the fridge for at least thirty minutes.
- In a pot heat the oil over a medium heat before adding the onions and jalapeños. Keep about 1/3 cup of onions for later on.
- Sauté the onions, garlic and jalapeños for a couple of minutes, or until tender.
- Add the chicken fry along with the onions for approximately five minutes or until slightly browned.
- Add the water, stock cubes, tomatoes, cumin and cilantro.
- Turn the heat up high for a minute or so until it comes to a boil, then turn down and simmer with the lid on for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Turn the heat down low, and then remove the chicken breasts from the soup and place on a board to rest for a few minutes before shredding and returning to the pot.
- Add the lime juice and fresh herbs to the soup and stir.
- Remove from the heat, add the diced avocado and serve immediately.