So here’s the thing: I love pork. Absolutely love ‘it! Specifically, I love pork chops with big, juicy rinds of fat all over. 😍
Yeah, I know. I can already hear some ubér fitness fanatics shouting, “but you’re not supposed to have the fatty bits…” and to that I say, “😝”.
Without going into too much details as this is not a medical website (but a healthy food loving, fashionista’s site), the fat on pork is good fat, in that it is mainly monounsaturated fat (the good kind found in olive oil). so once again, 😝.
Aside from this, pork is high in protein, tastes delicious and well, just look at this plate of culinary greatness:
Pork chops. You can’t beat them.
They were melt in the mouth soft and with every slice, the knife cut through the chops like butter…
I served the chops with some quinoa and vegetables (a take on a previous recipe that you can find here.) In this recipe I served the quinoa hot for a more rounded meal and felt it would be a good touch to griddle up a couple of peaches to add on top.
It was a good idea as the peaches really went well with the pork chops (who knew!). The whole meal was an absolute delight and one I’ll definitely be making again and again.
- 4 Organic Pork Chops
- 4-5 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Pinch of Mixed Herbs
- Pinch of Chilli Flakes
- 2 Fresh Peaches
- Handful of Chives
- Grate the onion and garlic and add to the pork chops, along with the salt, pepper and mixed herbs.
- Heat a griddle pan and add the oil.
- Place the chops on the pan and fry on a high heat for several minutes, turning over, before lowering the heat to a medium heat.
- Continue frying the pork chops for approximately 10-15 minutes (or until cooked), turning over a couple more times and remove from the pan.
- Half the peaches, remove the stones and fry in the pan - on a high heat - for a few minutes.
- Serve with warm quinoa and vegetables and garnish with the peaches and chives.
- For a delicious quinoa recipe (omitting the avocado and feta) to serve with the chops, you can go to http://justinaelumeze.com/2016/11/quinoa-feta-avocado-salad.html