This Chinese inspired paleo dish is delicious and can be cooked in minutes.
With tender steak, shitake mushrooms and fresh vegetables all drenched in the most flavoursome star anise infused thick sauce, you simply have to try it to know how good it is!
10 Minute Paleo Chinese Pan-Fried Beef with Shiitake Mushrooms
Write a review
- Approx. 8oz sirloin steak
- 100 grams fresh shitake mushrooms
- 1 star anise
- Finely chopped clove garlic
- Half green pepper
- Half red pepper
- Tenderstem broccoli
- 1 stock cube
- Pinch mixed herbs
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Pinch chiili flakes
- Knob of butter
- Olive oil
- Handful salad cress
- Parmesan cheese shavings
- Place the mushrooms, garlic, stock cube, pepper, mixed herbs, butter and star anise in a pot, cover and cook on a low heat so that the mushrooms produce their own gravy.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes or until the gravy thickens.
- Season the beef with salt, pepper and chilli flakes and fry in a little oil for approximately 5 minutes on both sides. Set aside.
- For the vegetables you can either steam for several minutes or flash fry. To flash fry, slice the red and green peppers and fry along with the broccoli and asparagus for a few minutes with the same oil used for the beef.
- Slice the beef into thin strips. On a plate, arrange the vegetables, then place the mushrooms on top, before adding the beef.
- Drizzle the mushroom gravy on top, then garnish with the parmesan and cress.
Justina Elumeze http://justinaelumeze.com/