This delicious breakfast is a healthy take and alternative to the British fry-up.
Made with eggs encased in prosciutto ham baskets and with feta stuffed juicy vine tomatoes, the entire breakfast is oven-baked to perfection and ready in less than twenty minutes, leaving you plenty of free time to enjoy your mornings.
- 12 Free Range Eggs
- 200g Prosciutto
- 100 Feta Cheese
- 6 Large Vine / Beef Tomatoes
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Splash of Tobasco Sauce
- Slice the top off the tomatoes and carefully scoop out the insides without piercing the bottom.
- Fill each tomato with the crumbled feta and place on a baking tray.
- Get a standard twelve cup muffin tin and line each cup with the strips of prosciutto, ensuring that the strips cover the bottom and slightly overlap at the top.
- Carefully - so as not to crack the yolk - drop an egg into each cup.
- Season with the salt, pepper and tobasco sauce.
- Place everthing in the oven and allow to cook for approximmately 7-10 minutes, or until the egg whites are firm.
- Remove the trays from the oven and serve immediately.
- Use a knife to run around the tray edges to seperate the baskets, if necessary.