The chocolate softness combined with the juicy raisins and crunchy pecans make them seem far too decadent to even begin to be considered healthy but these paleo brownies are just that. The key ingredient, black beans, is an ideal alternative to using flour, be it processed or almond!
Give them a go and do let me know what you thought of them.
- 7 tbsp whey chocolate protein powder
- 2 cocoa powder
- 1 tin black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 syrup or agave
- 3 tablespoon of sugar
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of pecans, broken up into small pieces
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or dark chocolate, broken up into small pieces)
- Pre-heat oven to 180c.
- Leaving aside the pecans, raisins and chocolate chips, combine all other ingredients into a bowl and blend well until smooth.
- Fold in the pecans, raisins and chocolate chips and pour into a grease proof baking tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven (180c) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool, preferably in the fridge (if you can resist them that long.. I couldn't!) and become more firm to the touch before dividing up eating.