Summer time is still upon us and so warm weather such as this requires only light meals such as salads to sustain us. This however doesn’t mean living on a diet solely of lettuce.
Salads have come a long way since the basic iceberg, tomato and cucumber combination our parents used to include at the dinner table and whilst remaining light, when done well they can also be both nutritious and delicious whilst totally fulfilling.
This delicious quinoa seed salad is all of these things and more. I like to call it my paleo ‘Cave Girl Pearls of Gold in a Bowl’ (or plate, as in the above picture).
Low in fat, high in protein and packed full of vitamins A, B and D, try it out for yourself and then tell me how much you like it!
- Quinoa - cooked according to packet instructions
- Buffalo Mozzarella - roughly torn apart
- Sirloin Steak - seasoned with salt & pepper, fried medium rare & thinly sliced
- Tomatoes - roughly chopped
- Cucumber - roughly sliced
- A little hemp oil, salt & pepper, to season
- Half a ripe avocado - roughly chopped
- Place all ingredients in a bowl, toss and enjoy. As with my previous salad recipe, it's as easy as that!